Sofia Vergara shares Golden Globes, butchering names and humor performing

Sofia Vergara generated chuckles from acting professional Woodsy Harrelson and editors after she mispronounced the titles of several 2012 Golden Globe nominees  during a public stay headline, but the Colombian "Modern Family" celebrity is able to have fun it off.


In reality, the 39-year-old, who generated her second Wonderful World nod, says she select humor performing because she "never desired to be taken seriously."

Vergara, who performs Ed O'Neil's bombshell, newer spouse Gloria on the ABC show, created her feedback to OnTheRedCarpet.com at the Beverly Hilton resort in Beverly Hillsides, Florida, times after she, Harrelson Rashida Jackson, Gerard Servant and Harrelson declared the nominations for the 2012 Wonderful World Prizes (see complete list) just after 5 a.m. on Thursday, December 15.


 On "Modern Loved ones," the actress' personality is often taunted about her solid feature. During the Wonderful Bulbs headline, the celebrity butchered the titles of Wonderful World nominees such as Martin Scorsese, who gotten a Best Manager and Best Excitement movie nod for "Hugo."


"Oh my god!" Vergara informed OnTheRedCarpet.com unique reporter Henry Pennacchio of KABC Tv, the site's parent or guardian organization, having a laugh. "You know what, I think that's why they welcomed me to do this examining of the nominations, of the titles, because they know I'm going to chaos it and they want to have fun at me."

"I never really desired to be taken seriously," the celebrity said. "That's why I do humor. It's been an excellent trip. I can't grumble. Acting is very new for me. I determined to be an celebrity just lately and I can't grumble."

 Vergara transferred to the U. s. Declares in the Nineties after struggling a individual loss - her sister Rafael, one of her five friends, was murdered in a horrible kidnapping in their indigenous Colombia. She in the past labored as a design and also were in Language detergent operas and on the display

"Dirty Attractive Money" before she was toss in "Modern Loved ones."

The celebrity informed Fox Announcement in July that she likes being a sex image.

 "'Modern Family' has been the best element that has ever occurred to me, properly," she informed OnTheRedCarpet.com. "I've had the profession that I never, ever, even considered about, even though it was challenging because of my feature and because of the way I look. I really, really have to be fortunate."

Last season, the celebrity was selected for a Wonderful World for initially, for her aspect on "Modern Loved ones." Vergara has gotten two Emmy nods for her aspect, while the display has won two Emmys for Excellent Comedy Sequence.

"Modern Family" gotten a complete of three Wonderful World nominations, such as nods for Best Tv Sequence - Comedy Or Musical technology as well as an individual one for Vergara's co-star Eric Stonestreet, who performs her stepson's spouse, Cameron. He was selected for a Wonderful World last season as well and won an Emmy for his aspect truly. Co-stars Jules Bowen and Ty Burrell also took house Emmys last season.


"We're so fortunate because we all like each other, we all really like each other and we know how essential all of us are for the display," Vergara said. "It's a whole family. So either if I get selected or Jules or Ty, it's like we all did. It's like we're all driving on the same train.

Bookmark and Share

Blog Archive