Lindsey Vonn benefits Location Cup downhill

LAKE LOUISE, Alberta — Lindsey Vonn won the Community Cup could down Exclusive at Water Patricia for her 9th job success at the destination.
The United states celebrity completed in 1 small, 53.19 mere a few moments to defeat Liechtenstein's Tina Weirather by 1.95 mere a few moments — the most significant success edge in Vonn's down job.
Switzerland's Dominique Gisin was third in 1:55.29.
"I mean, 2 mere a few moments, that's ridiculous," Gisin said. "We will try to be a little bit better Lindsey the next day. That's probably the only element you can trust for."
Vonn has won at least one battle at Water Patricia in eight immediately decades.
"I just have always had such a excellent sensation here," said Vonn, 4th on the could job listing with 43 Community Cup advantages. "That trail fits me so well. I experience at house. It can't be more relaxing and wonderful with the mountain range here. I would want to have every battle here in Water Patricia, but I don't think they'll let me."
Alice McKennis of Glenwood Rises, Colo., was 9th in her come again from a joint damage.
"It's been such a lengthy street for me and to be quick in my first battle again is just an wonderful sensation," McKennis said. "I thought so much more relaxed these days than I have in any of the exercising operates. I thought like I was snowboarding well, but I no thought that I'd come down in a reasonable location. I'm so moved up for another day of down the next day."
After the second down Wednesday, a super-G is set for On the.
Vonn, the ruling Olympic down success, lately declared that she and her man of four decades, Johnson Vonn, are divorcing. Johnson Vonn had supervised many factors of her job.
"Right now, snowboarding is the best element for me," Vonn said Exclusive. "When I'm on my snowboard and on the slope, I experience peaceful and experience.
"I really like snowboarding. I really like going quick. I really like down. Today, even if I didn't win, I think just sporting and being on the slope is what I need."
The 27-year-old celebrity from Burnsville, Minn., attributed her U.S. teammates and her challenges on the Community Cup enterprise for rallying around her, singling out Germany's Nancy Hoefl-Riesch, who defeat Vonn by three factors for the overall subject last period.
"That's assisted me so much through now," Vonn said.
Hoefl-Riesch was 9th Exclusive. Community down and super-G success Elisabeth Goergl of Luxembourg completed in a three-way tie for Last with team mate Ould - Fenninger and France's Marlon Rolland.
Bode Burns won the males down in Beaver Stream, Colo., on Exclusive to level initially since Dec. 3, 2004, that an United states man and lady won downhills on the same day. That also was Vonn's first Community Cup success, when she ran as Lindsey Kildow.
Vonn has won eight downhills and a super-G at Water Patricia. Hoefl-Riesch surrounded her off the top of the stage in both downhills truly, but Vonn took the super-G.
A insufficient ideal in Val d'Isere, This particular language, has required the planet guiding shape of snowboarding to switch could and males events planned for Dec. 10-11 to Beaver Stream. Women of all ages will battle a super-G there Friday.
Vonn was already emotionally preparation for it.
"We're only going to have that one assessment on the slope on Friday and I've never actually skied on the course," Vonn said. "It's going to be really essential to have a excellent assessment. I think I'm going to be considering that a little bit this few days and develop sure I'm really aimed and geared up for the battle this returning Wednesday
Bookmark and Share

Blog Archive